Lakshmi

Sunday...a day to laze around the maximum. But I need my strong degree or filter coffee to move my day. Moving slowly to the kitchen and the hand simply wavering around cupboard not knowing where the coffee container is kept. My eyes open with a jolt after successfully finding the coffee container in the blind hunt.

The smell of coffee hits your brain so fast that it makes so impatience to have the cuppa the next minute. But a filter coffee needs to be made with quite some patience. So to test my patience I just take a tumbler, go to the next door mami’s house and ask her for a good wonderful cup of agmark Iyer house Coffee. Thanks to mami that I had a delicious dark strong coffee with a rich aroma spreading around the whole house like a room spray.

My mom and myself being a coffeeholics it’s a great challenge and insult for not making a perfect Filter Coffee. But Next door Mami happens to be just a pro in it and of course very sweet for providing me free coffee’s whenever I ask her.

Not many people knew that grinding the coffee ingredients is been kept as a major secret that is been transferred for generations. Sounds silly eh…but that’s the fact.

I have begged and pleaded mami to give the correct proportion for the coffee ingredients. But she just neglected, so after taking an final decision I made her my version of filter coffee…behold I got Mami’s correct proportion for perfect Degree coffee(She barely had a sip of my filter coffee. I should have done this a lot earlier).

To make a perfect the coffee powder the ration of coffee and chicory has to be correct. According to mami she mixes them up in 60:40 of grade A dark coffee bean and chicory then grinds them up.







Madras Filter Coffee: (For one person)
2 Cups of grinded coffee powder
1 Cup of Milk
2 teaspoons sugar
Procedure:
Using the percolator/filter put 2 heaps of coffee powder into it and pour boiling to the brim and close. After the decoction is ready add in the milk and sugar. Mix them well until they are frothy and pour them in the traditional tumbler – davara or else it’s like missing the essential part of having a filter coffee.


To make the perfect filter coffee, the coffee powder has to be in perfect ration of coffee berries and chicory.Roasted Coffee Pea-berry provides such an rich aroma and gives an total satisfaction in each and every sip.


After too many trails of my version of filter coffee to mami she finally ended up giving the preparation of coffee powder she uses for her filter coffee.The way she said the making of the coffee powder made me to dance in trance as if the coffee was playing its tunes. Pea-berry and Plantation A happens to be the main ingredients. 
Pea-berry is for the wonderful rich aroma of the Coffee.
Plantation A is for the thickness of the decoction. (It is advised to have a little proportion of this in coffee powder cause it has the ability to create headaches to few)


Coffee Powder Preparation:


For 1Kg:
600 gm of Pea-berry
400 gm of Plantation A
Mix them.Coffee powder ready.
You can give the measurement in any coffee grinding shops.


For 1/4kg:

300 gm of Pea-berry
200 gm of Plantation A
Mix them.For 1/4 kg the proportions can be equal too.

I know this is an huge post...but to taste the perfections some long history's have to read ;)
1 Response
  1. Divakar Says:

    Hey ur writing itself is like a cofee on a cloudy sunday evening.....so sweet....


Post a Comment